SwissLinkBoston (est. 2006) is a networking platform for Swiss students, researchers and young professionals living in the Boston area.
Back to School 2017
Where: Swissnex Boston, Cambridge
When: Thursday, 9/14, 5.30am – 9pm
We look forward to seeing you there!
More upcoming events 2017
- October 14: Fall Hike
- November 16: Gathering
- December 9: Samichlaus Brunch @Swissbäkers
- December 23: Pity Party?
Membership is open to every person related to Switzerland, or with interest in Switzerland. There is no membership fee.
To join SwissLinkBoston and receive a monthly email with news and announcements about upcoming events, sign up here. You will also be able to join the Jass list at this link. (Jass is a Swiss trick taking card game.)
SwissLinkBoston is a student group at MIT and an active member of the MIT community. We aim to connect students and affiliates at MIT who have either ties to, or an interest in Switzerland and its culture.
Regular events we specifically organize for MIT students and the MIT community are the ‘BBQ’, where we celebrate the Swiss National Day (August 1st), as well as the ‘Samichlaus’ event dedicated to the Swiss Santa Claus custom. We typically serve delicious, traditional Swiss food at these events and have lots of fun.
Additional special events are organized at MIT on a spontaneous basis. Furthermore, MIT students and affiliates are welcome to join our off campus events, like our monthly gatherings at varying local restaurants. To become a member of SwissLinkBoston and stay informed about our activities, please subscribe here.
Starting out with only a few members, we are now a network of more than 300 people with science, engineering and business backgrounds. Besides offering an exceptional platform for Swiss-US networking, we aim at being a reference point for Swiss citizens who have recently arrived in the Boston area.
Our activities include monthly gatherings in a restaurant or bar in Cambridge/Boston. During these gatherings we meet in a relaxed atmosphere to exchange study and professional experience.
Additional to the monthly gatherings, we organize bigger events, such as an August 1st Brunch or a Fondue dinner, as well as a yearly hike in the fall .Contact the board by email at info [at] swisslinkboston [dot] com.
Current Board Members
Previous Board Members
- Thomas Aeschi
- Aron Blaesi
- Daniela Domeisen
- Stephanie Frischknecht
- Karl Külling
- Yvonne Moret
- Valentin Splett
Other Swiss organizations in the greater Boston area:
Swissnex Boston: Swissnex Boston’s mission is to foster closer ties between Switzerland and New England in academia, industry and society. It organizes outstanding in-house events, and it is a great place to meet some of the brightest creative thinkers, entrepreneurs, and academics.
The Swiss Society of Boston: A great organization to meet with Swiss expatriates who have left Switzerland for good. The Society was founded in 1865, and it has a long tradition of welcoming Swiss immigrants to the U.S.
UZH Alumni and Friends Boston: Stay in touch with UZH and your fellow alumni in the area!
ETH Alumni New England Chapter (NEC): An official subgroup of the ETH Alumni association. It connects ETH alumni in the US Northeast to their peers and to other regional alumni associations. Open to ETH alumni who have either studied or worked at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH Zurich) for at least two semesters (one academic year).
Friends of Switzerland: Organized by Harvard Law School graduate and Massachusetts Attorney Marc Redlich. These luncheons are always great events to learn more about cutting-edge research directly from leading scholars.
HSG Alumni Club Boston: The perfect place to catch up with fellow HSG alums working, studying, or conducing research in New England. The club meets every first Monday of the month in a local Cambridge pub.
MIT europeanclub: Our club is one of the largest, most diverse and most active student activities at MIT. We currently have about 300 full members and more than 2800 associate members. Most of us are Europeans, but we also come from pretty much all other parts of the world. While the larger part of our members are graduate students and visiting scholars on a graduate level, it would not be fair to say we are just a graduate student group, because many of us are PostDocs, Visiting Scientists and also undergrads. We have a tradition of organizing a variety of events.
- August 5: First of August Brunch @ swissbäkers
- July 12: Cambridge Common, Harvard Square
- June 18: Strawberry Picking
- May 20: Minute Men Bike Trail
- April 17: Grafton Street Pub, Harvard Square
- March 25: Swiss Soirée at the Hampshire House
- March 19: SwissLinkBoston goes to MFA
- February 22: Grafton Street Pub, Harvard Square
- January 25: Fondue Night,Swissnex
- November 2016: Grafton Street, Harvard Square
- October: Fall hike got canceled due to bad weather 😦
- September 20, 2016: Tavern in the Square, Central Square
- September 15, 2016: Back to School event, Swissnex
- August 13, 2016: Swissbakers, Allston
- July 13, 2016: Tavern in the Square, Central Square
- June 20, 2016: Firebrand Saints, Kendall Square
- June 4, 2016: Spring Hike, White Mountains
- April 28, 2016: Grafton, Harvard Square
- April 16, 2016: Swiss Soiree: Hampshire House, Boston
- March 28, 2016: Daedalus, Harvard Square
- February 24, 2016: Meadhall, Kendall Square
- January 27, 2016: Fondue Night, Swissnex
- December 25, 2015: Christmas Pity Party!
- December 6, 2015: Samichlaus Brunch at Swissbakers in Allston
- November 2, 2015: Tavern in the Square, Central Square
- October 10, 2015: Fall Hike to Mount Chocorua, NH
- September 17, 2015: Daedalus, Harvard Square
- August 8, 2015: First of August brunch at Swissbäkers
- July 30, 2015: Firebrand Saints, Kendall Square
- June 8, 2015: Cambridge Brewing Company
- April 27, 2015: Grafton Street, Harvard Square
- March 31, 2015: Tavern in the Square, Central Square
- February 25, 2015: Fondue Night, Swissnex
- December 8, 2014: Samichlaus Event
- October 29, 2014: Meadhall, Cambridge
- September 22, 2014: Daedalus, Cambridge
- August 11, 2014: Cuchi Cuchi, Cambridge
- May 28, 2014: Charlie’s Kitchen, Cambridge
- April 7, 2014: Cheesefondue @Swissnex Boston, Cambridge
- March 12, 2014: Tavern in the Square, Cambridge
- February 19, 2014: Firebrand Saints, Cambridge
- December 16, 2013: The Muddy Charles Pub, MIT
- November 13, 2013: The Sinclair Kitchen, Cambridge
- October 27, 2013: Fall Hike on Mt. Monadnock, NH
- August 10, 2013: Swiss National Day Brunch at Swissbäkers in Allston
- June 18, 2013: Daedalus, Cambridge
- May 30, 2013: Cambridge Brewing Company, Cambridge
- April 10, 2013: Flat Top Johnnys, Cambridge
- March 14, 2013: Fondue Night @ Swissnex Boston, Cambridge
- February 27, 2013: People’s Republik, Cambridge
- January 30, 2013: Firebrand Saints, Cambridge
- December 3, 2012: Samichlaus @MIT Muddy Charles Pub
- November 20, 2012: Thirsty Scholar Pub, Somerville
- October 20, 2012: Indian Summer Hike in Waterville Valley NH
- October 18, 2012: Jass Evening October
- October 16, 2012: Tavern in the Square, Cambridge
- September 20, 2012: Grafton Street, Cambridge
- August 22, 2012: Bukowskis Tavern, Cambridge
- July 28, 2012: Swiss National Day BBQ, Tang Hall on MIT Campus, Cambridge
- June 25, 2012: Cambridge Brewing Company, Cambridge
- May 30, 2012: John Harvards Brewery & Alehouse, Cambridge
- April 19, 2012: Peoples Republic, Cambridge
- March 29, 2012: Fondue Night @ Swissnex Boston, Cambridge
- February 16, 2012: Firebrand Saints, Cambridge
- January 25, 2012: Casablanca, Cambridge
- December 5, 2011: Santa Claus / Swissbakers event @ MIT Muddy Charles Pub
- November 14, 2011: Grafton Street Pub, Cambridge
- October 16, 2011: Hike in Franconia Notch State Park, White Mountains, NH
- October 12, 2011: Thirsty Scholar, Somerville
- September 15, 2011: Daedalus, Cambridge
- August 6, 2011: belated Swiss National Day BBQ @ MIT Tang Hall
- June 21, 2011: Meadhall, Cambridge
- May 16, 2011: Chicken Wings @ Tavern in the Square, Cambridge
- April 20, 2011: John Harvard’s Pub, Cambridge
- March 2, 2011: Cheese Fondue @ swissnex Boston, Cambridge
- February 21, 2011: Cambridge Brewing Company, Cambridge
- January 31, 2011: Casablanca, Cambridge
- December 6, 2010: “Samichlaus” Event at the Muddy Charles Pub, Cambridge
- November 18, 2010: Thirsty Scholar Pub, Somerville
- October 25, 2010: Tavern in the Square, Cambridge
- September 29, 2010: Tommy Doyle’s, Kendall Square, Cambridge
- August 30, 2010: Daedalus, Cambridge
- July 17, 2010: August 1 National Day BBQ – MIT Edgerton House, Cambridge
- June 25, 2010: Switzerland-Honduras, World Soccer Championship game – swissnex Boston (Consulate of Switzerland), Cambridge
- May 26, 2010: People’s Republik, Cambridge
- April 15, 2010: Asgard Irish Pub & Zuzu, Cambridge
- March 30, 2010: Cambridge Brewing Company, Cambridge
- February 22, 2010: Cheese Fondue Event, MIT Edgerton House, Cambridge
- January 21, 2010: Grafton Street Pub, Cambridge
- December 14, 2009: Asgard Irish Pub, Cambridge
- November 9, 2009: Muddy Charles Pub, Cambridge
- October 20, 2009: Thirsty Scholar Pub, Somerville
- September 22, 2009: Tavern in the Square, Cambridge
- August 22, 2009: August 1 National Day BBQ – MIT Edgerton House, Cambridge
- July 17, 2009: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- June 4, 2009: Daedalus, Cambridge
- May 7, 2009: Asgard Pub & Middlesex Lounge, Cambridge
- April 7, 2009: Cheese Fondue Event, MIT Edgerton House, Cambridge
- March 18, 2009: John Harvard’s, Cambridge
- February 24, 2009: Bukowski’s Tavern, Cambridge
- January 26, 2009: Cuchi Cuchi, Cambridge
- December 16, 2008: Tavern in the Square, Cambridge
- November 13, 2008: Muddy Charles Pub at MIT, Cambridge
- October 16, 2008: Grafton Street Pub, Cambridge
- September 10, 2008: Beantown Pub, Boston
- August 1, 2008: August 1 National Day BBQ – MIT Edgerton House, Cambridge
- July 9, 2008: ‘Swiss Alps’ movie – Museum of Science IMAX, Boston & Cheesecake Factory, Cambridge
- June 7, 2008: Switzerland-Czech Republic, European Soccer Championship game & pre-game Swiss Brunch – MIT Edgerton House, Cambridge
- May 8, 2008: Tavern in the Square, Cambridge